Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24th, 2012

Today was the last day of my third lesson. This lesson I have felt has been my best thus far. The students enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it as well. Station work for me at first was rough. I was so used to being in full control of the students, that to give them freedom did not seem like teaching to me. It was not until I took a step back and realized that teaching was in fact taking place. I gave them the initial information, and through psychomotor based activities the students were able to develop their skills in way that made since to them. I noticed many students begin to take leadership roles within their groups, and help others with skills if needed. This also in turn helped them to better their idea of the skill. Personally I feel if someone teaches a skill they learn it even better. Many of the students were able to see the fun side of my teaching, and I think that they respected me more because of it. I did not always have to be the disciplinary figure, but more of the teacher that I want to be. This coming lesson is the first time I have really designed a lesson based totally around game play and application of skill. Normally their are skills, then activities using those skills. This next lesson is all of the activity part. I am curious to see what my initial reaction of this will be, and if it will evolve as much as station work has for me now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment