Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Septemebr 25th, 2012

Today was the beginning of lesson four. Lesson four has to do with the application of the six different skills that have been taught during the previous lessons. These are the; flick pass, spin pass, lineout, ruck, punt, and conversion kick. In order to gain a four in today's class, which the highest grade the students can attain they must be able to take two of these six skills, and apply them effectiviely in game play. So even though they are in game play, it is still about the skills. The first few classes I felt went somewhat rough. These beginning classes or the first lessons always seem to be the classes in which I work out the problems, or put in ideas to improve the quality of the lesson. I feel like my learning curve is starting to get better when it comes to figuring out what I need to improve on, or how to modify an activity. By the end of the day I felt as though the class went quite well. It was a class in which the students needed to take a pre-assessment, so we had less time, but the students were able to work together, follow my instruction, and perform all of the activities with great focus and determination. Over all I felt as though today began not so great, but eventually eneded on a positive note with the students gaining a meaningful experience they can apply to life outside of the Physical Education environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment