Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 12th, 2012

Today was another first for me. It seems as though each day is a new learning experience, and because of this I always have to stay on my toes and try my best to be successful.  It started like an ordinary day. Me prepping for class, and then teaching the lesson. This lesson though I would have to say has been my best thus far. I feel as though the students are really starting to enjoy me being their teacher, and I can tell in their dedication to the lessons. Well what was different today was that I was chaperoning a field trip. Now I have been told this is quite out of the ordinary because I am only a student teacher, and to give me the responsibility of a group of students on a field trip is somewhat unheard of. I guess this goes to show that the Victor School District has a lot of faith in me. I am glad that this is so. I walked in to the meeting room where the students were at before we went on the field trip. I heard at least five voices from different areas yelling my name, asking if I would be their chaperon on the trip. It was good to hear the students say that, because it means they really like me as a teacher. We went to the cemetery across from the lilac festival. It was a scavenger hunt for history, and I just love history, so it I think I had just as much fun as the students. The trip went well, and we successfully made it back to the school. After we got back not much time was left for class, so I just taught the final half of last period, and coached volleyball after that. In all it was a successful and learning filled week for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment