Friday, October 5, 2012

October 5th, 2012

For the last day of the rugby unit the students performed quite well. This unit I have felt has had its ups and its downs. The students have made not only a development in skill, but a development in their characteristic as well. Students who were somewhat off task in the beginning of the unit have really matured, and grown accustomed as to how they should act during Physical Education class. It is an indescribable feeling to see students you have taught a completely new a foreign skill to succeed and apply your teaching. Many of these students I am sure have never played the sport of rugby before this unit, and to catch on apply the skills as quickly as they have is an amazing sight to see. Throughout this unit I have come to know the students, and I think many of them have come to know me as well. My time here at Victor is becoming shorter,and the ending of this unit has made me realize the ending of my stay here is soon. I will miss the family type atmosphere that is present here at Victor among the faculty and staff. Also the amazing acceptance of the Physical Education program within the curriculum. For a Physical Education teacher this would most definitely be a dream school to work at. I had a discussion with my host teacher the other day based upon this type of thinking. He explained how it would be great for me to get into a school with a program like the one at Victor. I though am not sure if this type of program would truly be a place where I would want to work. If an offer came I would take it, but I have always had this "hero" mentality. Ever since I was young I have always wanted to help others, and to go into a program that has everything, I feel would not suit me. I want to make a change, not for glory or any type of selfish idea like that, but to help the less fortunate and at the same time impact them for the positive. This I know is ridiculous thinking, but I would like to take the techniques and skills I have learned and apply them where I know they are needed and will be appreciated. This is just a though that has been rolling through my head lately, but who knows what the future will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment