Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 15th, 2012

Today was an interesting, but extremely busy day. From the start of the day I was moving around in preparation. I was preparing for the day, preparing for the lesson, preparing for the game, and preparing for my supervisor to come and observe me during two of my teaching lessons. For the first class I observed my host teacher. This acted for me as a model I could work from in order to better instruct students, and also many of these skills were new to me, so I was learning just as the students were. My first lesson I thought did not go as great as I wanted it to go. Many of the students were off topic, and my instructional delivery was not as efficient as I wanted it to be. I was trying to model what I saw in the first lesson, but this just caused me to forget key parts of  my lesson. The next lesson I promised myself would be much better. In all I thought the second lesson was an amazing leap in teaching. I was able to get the students excited for class, and motivate them to perform the skills to the best of their ability. In all the corrections I made in the second lesson saved me during my supervision. My goal is to increase every lesson and better myself, and I most definitely proved I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment